Food Banks & Farmer’s Markets
- California Association of Food Banks: Connections to local food banks, information on the nation’s largest anti-hunger program, CalFresh, Farm-to-Family program, and crisis responses.
- California Food Banks: California Department of Social Services site. A list of food banks organized by county. Information on USDA commodities assistance to qualified citizens.
- Market Match: Farmer’s Markets that offer Market Match, that match customers EBT and CalFresh benefits to purchase fruits, vegetables, and more.
- California Alliance of Farmers’ Markets: Promotes direct farmer-consumer relationship. Has interactive map of farmer’s markets and information on markets that accept EBT benefits.
- Farmer’s Markets that accept WIC: Frequently updated list of farmer’s markets that accept WIC benefits.
- California Certified Farmers’ Markets: A list of certified farmer’s markets in California organized by county, along with hours of operation and organizer contact information.
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA): Subscription box option of fruit and vegetables sent directly from farmer to consumer. CalFresh and EBT options available.
- Feeding Heroes: Connects local nonprofits in San Diego to improve food access for veterans and active duty military.
- Food4Warriors: Improves food access for current and former military in San Diego with mobile food pantries and food drops.
"If we can conquer space, we can conquer childhood hunger." -Buzz Aldrin